Monday, August 2, 2010

Thank you so much, Pavitra!

"Okay!You may sit down!Ready for the questions!"
"Teacher!No 'doa' today?Doa first,teacher!"

   This happened last Thursday.As usual, I entered my 2 Bougainvillea class.Today was a single lesson.The students just finished their motivation class with the counsellor.The English lesson started at 5.10 p.m. and it was already 5.17 p.m.I had to use this single lesson for the last revision for the 2nd Test on the 3rd August.

   Usually, after the greeting and salam, I asked the students to recite the 'doa' (prayer).Then only we start the lesson.But today, since it was already late, I totally forgot the doa.So, when a non-muslim reminded me about the doa, I felt something inside me that I could not tell.How considerate she is even though she is not a muslim.If all Malaysians could have the same attitude, I believe that Malaysia could be the best place to live in.If students of young age could study together in harmony (There are Malays, Indians and Iban in the class) why not the older generations, the so-called matured adults?

   For Pavitra, my student, thank you so much for reminding me.

2 comments:

Susan Abraham said...

Your beautiful blog is refreshing to the eye.
I promise to return to read this tomorrow (Tuesday).
Take care. X

Uji Hussein said...

Thanks a lot! :-)

Post a Comment