Sunday, June 27, 2010

Wearing helmet for prayer

    Law + rule = must be followed. I am one of those who always think that we must always obey the rules.Whereas my husband always thinks the opposite.So we always argue about it.

   One day, in 1994,while I was studying in KL, my husband asked me to get ready to go to the night market.The night market was just a walking distance but we seldom walk there.It was 6.50 p.m. so I told my husband that I wanted to pray first.I took my ablution then I took the prayer mat.Then I saw a helmet on the table.I said to my husband that I wanted to wear the helmet to the night market even though it was only a walking distance.My husband scolded me and said he did not want to wear any.It was so near so he was sure that no policeman on duty.I insisted on wearing the helmet.I stood on the praying mat to start the pray.I could hear my husband babbling.

   Suddenly, I heard a loud laughter.My husband laughed and laughed.I thought he saw something funny.I tried to focus on my maghrib prayer.Then my husband shouted my name and pointed to my head.My goodness!I was wearing a helmet instead of the telekung ( the praying outfit)!It was so funny and I could not stop myself laughing.This memory still tickle me until today.However I still stick to my principle that law + rule must be obeyed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment