Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blueberry Cheese Tart

( I prepared this tart 2 days before Eid )
Checkers Cookies
( I bought this)
Lontong ( the rice cake), kuah lodeh(vegetable cooked in coconut milk and harf boile egg)
    It is no doubt that Eid is also the festival of food in Malaysia.We have so many kinds of food all over the country.On the first day of Eid, I served my family ketupat ( rice cake ), sambal goreng ( mixed fried vegetables cooked with coconut milk), rendang ( meat cooked with thick coconut milk and spices),sambal kacang ( peanut gravy) and chicken curry.I cooked for the neighbours and relatives as well since it is the Malaysian Malay tradition to exchange food before Eid.


   On the second day, I cooked spaghetti.( It is not our tradition but just to add the variety of food during the festival)Besides the food I mentioned, some people also prepare 'burasak'( rice cake cooked in thick coconut milk, wrapped in banana leaf and boiled for 8 hours then eaten with 'asam pedas ikan parang').My grandmother prepared 'lepat' ( glutinuous rice and kidney beans mixed with grated coconut, wrapped in coconut leaf then boiled )


   On the third day,I cooked 'nasi dagang Terengganu'( rice mixed with glutinuos rice, shallots, ginger,'halba' and thick coconut milk then steamed ).This is a must in the east coast of Malaysia.This rice is eaten with 'gulai ikan aya / tongkol' ( tuna with special spices cooked in coconut milk).It is not easy to prepare this dish because it takes quite a long time.  On the fourth day, I cooked lontong. ( rice cake eaten with vegetable cooked in coconut milk and hard boiled egg)To tell the truth it was satisfying taking the efforts preparing for eid.


(TO BE CONTINUED)














































































0 comments:

Post a Comment