Thursday, September 16, 2010

My 'Negaraku' will never be 'Negarakuku'

   Today, 16 September 2010 is a very special day for Malaysians especially those who really love the nation regardless of the beliefs and race.Today is 'Hari Malaysia' or 'The Malaysia Day'.It is not our independence day but it is as important as one since it marked a significant transition.Sabah, Sarawak and Singapore joined the Federation of Malaya(Then renamed  Malaysia in 1963 but in 1965 Singapore had her independence)

  I am not sure whether or not youngsters nowadays still love their nation but I am afraid they don't.A very easy prove is when they sing 'Negaraku' , the national anthem.If they do not respect the anthem I conclude that they do not love the country.Once I scolded a student for kicking a friend while singing the anthem.I also hate those so-called teachers ( especially the GSTT,the temporary teachers on short term contract) who talk while the students are singing the anthem.They should, no, MUST sing along!It is only once a week for students and teachers to sing and respect the anthem.I don't believe that they sing the anthem at home.I did asked a teacher why she did not sing along, she said that singing the anthem in the assembly is only for students!What a silly answer!

  As for me myself, I like to sing along with my students all the songs required during assembly;Lagu patriotik,Lagu Sekolah,Lagu Bangsa Johor and Negaraku.I am proud to be a Johorean Malaysian.I am proud to sing Negaraku.For those who never respect 'Negaraku' I suggest 'Go and find the better country and tell me if you have found one!'And always remember that my 'Negaraku' will never be 'Negarakuku'!Long live Malaysia!!!

      SELAMAT MENYAMBUT HARI MALAYSIA

0 comments:

Post a Comment