Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's like going to heaven

   Reading.... a word that understood by everyone.People say that Malaysians do not like to read.I strongly agree but I am not one of them.For me reading is a must.I can read a thick motivation book and also a very simple children book.When I read,it is like going to somewhere.Reading can make me smile and also make me cry.Reading can be my very best friend and also a very bad foe(since I cannot finish other work because of reading)

   When I was ten, my mother asked me to help her in the kitchen.I was reading 'Si Tanggang' at that moment.Then I took the onion and garlic and started peeling them.Simultaneously,my eyes were still glued to the book.Suddenly,without any warning, my mother came towards me and pulled my ears.Not to mention the bullets that coming out of her mouth!So, I put the book down and concentrating on the peeling.Then, that nght, I burnt the midnight oil reading again.'Si Tanggang" is very popular folktale so I liked the story so much.

    The next morning, due to the burning of the midnight oil, I felt so sleepy.I did not feel like going to school.Then I got an idea and told my mom that I was having a fever.My mom believed me since I never told a lie before.So the whole day, I spent my time reading 'Si Tanggang' on my bed.

    Reading also kept me in the library while the other students were in the canteen for recess.I like Disney's stories so much so every day once the bell rang, I rushed to the library and started reading.It happened until 1986.Some stories remained in my heart until today.Gone with the wind, Ranjau sepanjang jalan, Jalan ke kubur,Enid Blyton' series,Konserto terakhir,Seorang tua di kaki gunung etc.To tell the truth, I cannot sleep without reading first.Reading is so magic.It can bring me anywhere, anytime.It's like going to heaven.So I wonder why malaysians do not like reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment